DIGITAL CONTENT INTERN
Job ID: 2019-21334
Location: Woodbury, NY
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this Digital Producer role will play a major role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is consistently updated and impactful to our viewers. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment, creativity and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation. The Digital Content Producer will write news reports for the web and other digital media platforms and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards. They will use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely. Interns will edit News 12 and original video content for processing and playback on the Web and OTT apps. They will also collaborate across multiple teams including reporters, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc. Interns will also post News 12 content to social media platforms in an engaging manner that promotes participation by our viewers.
* Completing a bachelor s or master s degree between December 2018 and June 2019 with preferred concentrations in Journalism, Digital Media, or other related field
* Experience in digital news production preferred
* Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues as well as proficiency in news production equipment, computers and social media platforms is a must
* Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with exceptional news judgment as well as effective news writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required
* Must have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions with leadership ability and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be highly organized and possess time management skills
* Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Employer's Job# 2019-21334
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.