What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 106 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
Human Resources Internships
At Hilton we have a number of fantastic opportunities for students to join our Human Resources teams on a 12 month placement. Human Resources is divided into different departments and all of the placements are ideally suited to undergraduate students looking to gain some experience in either Recruitment, General HR, Talent Development, or Compensation and Benefits, as part of your academic studies.
Please see below an overview of each of the different functions:
Talent Acquisition Internships (Recruitment):
What will I be doing?
During this internship you will be responsible for providing essential administrative and operational support across various stages of the recruitment process. This is a great opportunity to gain an understanding of the many processes involved in hiring for a range of corporate roles across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Day to day, you will act as a point of contact for any recruitment queries both across the UK and EMEA. You will also be our designated ‘systems expert’ and will provide various status updates, management information and reports on recruitment activity as and when required. You will administer online testing for selection purposes and will facilitate interviews via our online video interview tool and get the opportunity to take part in some of our youth recruitment initiatives.This role is an integral part of the Talent Acquisition team where you will provide not only a support function but will also be instrumental in supporting on a range of project based initiatives that will help you to develop professionally and personally.
General Human Resources Internship:
What will I be doing?
During this placement the Intern will provide dedicated support to the HR Consulting team who business partner with the Global Development function as well as proving HR and project support to the regional HR Consulting team who support the EMEA Corporate Team Member population. This role is a great opportunity to get insight into the role of a HR generalist in a matrix environment as it incorporates insight into all aspects of HR, offering a great breadth of experience in just 12 months.
Some of your day to day tasks may include assisting with headcount tracking for the functions in our HR system; Oracle Cloud. This will include creating, updating and transferring positions/headcount globally as and when required. You will assist the HR Consultants with compensation and benefit data analysis as and when required, in partnership with the Total Reward team.
Furthermore, you will design and create reports and presentations including charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets etc., for internal and external audiences up to and including a senior level. Another aspect of the role sees the intern supporting the HR team with the coordination, communication and promotion of EMEA wide engagement and wellbeing initiatives (e.g. Thrive@Hilton ) for our Corporate Team Members, with a particular focus on the Watford, UK Headquarters. This will include assisting with coordinating events such as our annual Team Member Appreciation Week.
Compensation and Benefits Internship:
What will I be doing?
As Total Rewards Intern, you will be fully immersed in the everyday activities of the team and will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects across the areas of Benefits and Compensation. That might mean analysing salary data to ensure we pay competitively, or supporting on the annual salary review, researching the employee benefits market in a new country, or supporting the team in developing materials to communicate the benefits that we provide to team members.
Is your thing numbers, enquiring and probing facts in general? If you like working with data and are interested in telling the story behind it, compensation may just be the right field for you! Topics we work on are strategic as they help determine how we want to reward our employees and be competitive and fair, whilst controlling our costs.
* Assist with the Company’s annual salary review, compensation planning, data validation, delivery of training material and distributions of payment files
* Assist with the implementation and maintenance of salary structures, collecting and analysing market data and internal pay practices to determine structures
* Support with salary survey submissions, coordinating responses and liaising with data providers as appropriate
* Support with the Company’s bonus plans, including drafting materials and analysing data/trends
* Provide support and become involved in projects across all elements of team member benefits, including Life Assurance, Medical, Employee Assistance Plans, Long Term Disability, Pension, Childcare Vouchers and Company Cars
* Support the team with the implementation of new benefit initiatives across the region
* Support with improving how benefits are communicated to team members
* Support the day to day running of Hilton Marketplace, our voluntary benefits platform
* Maintain benefits content on the team member facing intranet site: The Lobby
Talent & Leadership Internship:
What will I be doing?
During this internship, you will assist in all administrative and operational activities involved within Operational Leadership Development and Talent Management. It is a great opportunity to experience both the operational (hotels) and corporate side of the business. As an Intern you will support with the administration of several internal development tracking systems, which includes answering queries and creating online evaluations. You will have the opportunity to step up into being the first point of contact for hotel Operations Talent & Leadership Development enquiries and support the team with event bookings and organisation. Some of the projects, which you will get the opportunity to take part in, are related to Apprenticeships, Social Media and Graduate on-boarding. This role is based in our Head Office but works remotely alongside the Europe, Middle East and Africa team.
General Information about the Corporate Intern Programme
As an Intern in our Corporate Office in Watford, you will participate in the Corporate Internship Programme for the duration of your placement with the Company. This will include the below:
*A Welcome Day lasting half a day prior to starting where you will have the opportunity to meet all of the other Interns who will be joining Hilton as well as hearing from some of our current Interns on their Hilton experience.
* A first day induction to welcome you and give you an overview of the Company.
* Intern meetings once a month. These will include a mixture of presentations from business leaders and other guest speakers, training sessions to learn new skills and presentations from your fellow interns.
* The opportunity to shadow up to three of your fellow interns for a day during your placement in order to get some cross exposure and learn from other parts of the business.
* The opportunity to join one of our many Mosaic sub-committees to promote company initiatives including Social, Thrive, Charity and Travel with Purpose.
What are we looking for?
For all of the HR related Internships, we are looking for individuals with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Able to manage confidential information with complete discretion.
* Excellent skills in time management, organisation, coordination and communication (written and verbal)
* Able to multi-task under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
* Demonstrates a proactive, common sense approach.
* Commitment to accuracy and excellent attention to detail and administration skills.
* Able to interact effectively and tactfully with team members and customers.
* Well organised and assertive with a high degree of positive energy and drive.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Currently enrolled to university working towards a bachelor’s degree
* Available for a 12 months placement as part of an undergraduate degree course
* A keen interest in working in a generalist HR Environment and in HR activities.
* Previous experience of working in a customer focused, service oriented department is essential.
* Highly skilled in using MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel programmes.
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
We have internships available in all of the above named departments and as part of your application, you can rank your preferences from 1-4. Once the application window closes on November 18th, a recruitment representative will review the initial applications based on preferences and eligibility. If you meet the set requirements, the next step in the recruitment process will include a one-way video interview and some online testing. On successful completion, we will invite you for either a two-way video interview or a face-to-face interview. The final stage interviews are likely to take place throughout January 2019.
Job: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Internships starting July 2019 (12 months)
Requisition ID: EUR013JD