Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable content and write feature stories regularly, to expand TWC’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
You will also be responsible for identifying and executing opportunities to improve our organization’s and our content’s search rank for key terms throughout the customer sales journey.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? You’ll also be responsible for managing our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our organization. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts key TWC audiences to our owned properties (including stories section of the website, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Create 1–2 resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, white papers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
- Support TWC internal teams with content creation for promotional materials and campaigns, generally for stages 1-2.
- Create feature stories for our website on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team, staff members and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key TWC stakeholders or partners and students.
- Manage and provide feedback to our student contributors, other external contributors, and MarComm and staff writers.
- Edit all stories, pages and mass emails before distribution to ensure content is on brand, tone and voice, and it’s optimized for conversion.
- Optimize featured content for search engines and lead generation.
Channel and Content Distribution
- Build and manage the organization’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Ensure there is a balanced distribution of content that addresses the needs of different TWC stakeholders.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific channels to spread both our brand and our content to the relevant audiences at the right time, always considering the 6 stages of the student journey.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
*Monitoring and Reporting *
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our organization, our students, alumni, partners, and competitors.
- Report on key performance indicators for content creation.
- Report on social media performance by channel.
- Track and report on lead generation efforts through social channels.
- Understand the six stages of the customer decision journey and types of content appropriate for each stage.
- Support Marketing and Communications members throughout the 6 stages of the student journey and other teams with their content and social media needs.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
Masters Degree preferred.
Required to perform the job successfully
- Communications/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A passion and a strong understanding of higher education and our organization’s' mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- A dual-minded approach: highly creative and an excellent writer but ability to be process-driven, think scale and rely on data to make decisions.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using marketing automation technology (e.g. HubSpot) and social media software (e.g. HubSpot's Social Inbox) to monitor social media conversations. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate Marketing and Communications team member, admissions counselor or program staff to social conversations.
- Working knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates.
- Proficiency in web analytics software and keyword tools.
- Experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
May be representative but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment, including a photocopier, scanner and telephone system
- Personal computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made for individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Travel is required, which may include making necessary travel arrangments, navigating airports and/or train stations, and driving rented vehicles.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.