Job Description Summary:
Maryville University seeks an innovative emerging professional to join the central operations unit who will be responsible for identifying and implementing the action items of the University’s comprehensive email communication plan for multiple teams across campus. The Digital Communications Specialist ensures active, consistent, and meaningful communications on a day-to-day basis through online media. This position will help develop and execute email communication strategies for cross-functional teams university-wide. The Digital Communications Specialist will use data analytics to guide strategies that increase the engagement of key audiences via email and other channels. This role resides within the newly created Division of Operational Excellence, which includes many operational areas, including Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Veterans Services, Registration, One-Stop Student Service, and Enrollment Services, working closely with the Division of Integrated Marketing and Communication. This position is responsible for coordinating and aligning with the Office of Integrated Marketing and Communications’ overarching marketing and communications strategies. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
• Build, implement, and evaluate annual communication plans to support overall goals and priorities throughout the university in concert with the Office of Integrated Marketing and Communications.
• Collaborate with the Office of Integrated Marketing and Communications to ensure proper alignment of engagement messaging with broader university brand and recruitment messaging, and to efficiently leverage resources and collateral.
• Create and implement email communication plans with constituents using Salesforce.
• Provide relevant metrics for assessing communications programs, communications audiences, and engagement profiles.
• Manage day-to-day email operations including the production of complex email campaigns from creation and set up to segmentation, scheduling and tracking.
• Develop and create email test strategies to refine email communication performance, including content, images, colors, messages, subject lines, etc.
• Create customized content and edit content from others
• Ensure quality, error-free content delivered on time.
• Use data analytics to provide reports to colleagues, make improvements on content and content delivery, and provide feedback on future strategies.
• Contribute to the overall success of Maryville University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
•Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of experience in a communications operation role (may include internship or Graduate Assistance experience) • Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an effective and efficient manner • Use of HTML • Ability to work under pressure and meet priority deadlines • Excellent technical skills including experience working in a relational CRM solution • Self-starter, motivated, positive, strategic and innovative thinker • Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills • Strong oral and written communication skills • Results-oriented, with the ability to act intuitively, while following sound strategy • Experience with CRM
•Experience working with Salesforce Pardot, specifically building business requirements for list segments, work flows and triggered communications, landing pages, alerts and scoring. • Experience with database marketing best practices • Experience managing a complex email marketing operation • Project management experience • Clear understanding of data analytics and market segmentation
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Job Type: Full-time