Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Public Relations Intern based in Towson, MD.
- Provide support to Stanley Black & Decker Public Relations Team
- Develop media lists, seed samples, track and manage sample budget
- Attend media events, provide event support from setup to teardown
- Work closely with the social media team on influencer research
- Learn how to use relevant PR software; Cision/PR Newswire and MyNewsDesk
- Use PowerPoint to share information with internal stakeholders (recaps of events, etc.)
- Coordination of awards submissions and calendars
- Post results and achievements to Workplace
- Media monitoring, analysis and distribution
- Write some press releases and communications to the media
- Help with brainstorming copy, naming, new concepts, etc
Technical proficiencies preferred in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social Media use
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Pursuing or recently achieved Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, English, or Journalism
- Positive attitude, energy and personality; enthusiasm; strong team player whether working on the daily day to day or bringing a new team member up to speed
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 54327BR
Business: US - GTS - Customer Experience (CX)