• OMLP members have the opportunity to learn the entire supply chain, state of-the-art methods of manufacturing, sourcing, and to be exposed to environment, health, and safety technical and business aspects within a business through structured course work and practical application.
• Coursework includes: Supply Chain Management/EHS Supply Chain Management, LEAN Manufacturing Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, Project Management, Negotiation Skills and Business Acumen. BHGE's focus on process integration, from design through manufacturing, has been critical to meeting our customers' expectations.
• OMLP is designed to successfully integrate manufacturing with other key processes in BHGE. Typical rotations include one or more of the following:
Shop Operations Supervisor: Leading a manufacturing team in the production of products
Supply Chain Management (Buyer, Materials, Planning, Logistics, Product Cost, EHS):
Managing suppliers to improve product quality and negotiate price;
EHS support to site operations, oversight of BHGE operations for work at Customer sites, and supporting EHS in a region or concentrating in a particular EHS media
• BS/MS degree in engineering; degrees in mechanical, industrial, electrical, aerospace engineering, Safety Engineering (EHS-track) are preferred
• Minimum 3.0 GPA overall in major
• Fresh graduates or supply chain work experience less than 2 years
• Prior internship or co-op experience in engineering or manufacturing
• Strong Commitment to a career in supply chain/services management
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile
• Knowledge of LEAN
• Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
• Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: China; JiangSu; Suzhou