Description: “Space is a warfighting domain.” These words aren’t just a bumper sticker, but rather have become the foundation for the Unites States and its allies in our approach to military space, and it is the bedrock upon which Lockheed Martin is developing tomorrow’s capability. The idea of warfighting in space was only a thing of science fiction in the past, but we are now preparing to defend space as the first front of the next war. To do this, Lockheed Martin is at the leading edge of new technologies, approaches, and capabilities – we just can’t tell you about all of them. Now we need you – the best, brightest, and those that want to make a difference while working with the government to make science fiction a reality.
Whether it be in navigation, communication, missile defense, surveillance, or protection of our space capabilities themselves, Lockheed Martin is the leading partner and collaborator with our warfighters. We always keep the warfighters we serve at the front of our mind, and by doing so serve the higher cause of US security and international stability. So when you look to the night sky, what do you see? Is it GPS, constantly providing exact location coordinates to our nation’s military and in support of global commerce? Do you think of celestial sentries monitoring the world to alert us early of missile launches? How about a spacecraft securely connecting our forces in harm’s way or transmitting critical information from our nation’s leadership? Do you see something else, shrouded in secrecy…….? And most of all, can you see yourself there, defining the solutions that will enable these missions in the future?
At Lockheed Martin Space we see all of these things, and within the Military Space line of business we create them. Each and every day, our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. We utilize our diverse backgrounds and unique skills to solve some of our country’s toughest engineering challenges. Our innovative culture encourages employees to seek answers, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The BD Analyst will:
- Support the identification of new growth opportunities in the Missile Warning mission.
- Take an active role in defining campaigns and developing solutions that enable the US Government and its allies to anticipate and get ahead of future threats both terrestrially and in space.
- Engage regularly with Lockheed Martin executives on both issues of near-term opportunity pursuit and long-term strategy.
- Bridge the gap between the technical / engineering requirements and the need to “tell a story” that makes Lockheed Martin’s innovations and solutions accessible to a broad audience.
- Support the development of offers as well as the demands of the capture process to translate these solutions into proposals and in responding to RFIs from the government.
We are seeking someone that is enthusiastic about supporting Lockheed Martin’s continued role as the preeminent provider of missile warning solutions to the US Government, and therefore the support to the national security of our country. Responsibilities will include:
• Support active pursuits within the mission area
• Engage across engineering, BD, subcontracts, etc. in the development of offers
• Identify new adjacent opportunities and provide recommendations on best ways to support LM positioning in the mission
• Support RFI responses and proposals
• Bring new insights to pursue innovative rapid prototype opportunities
• Provide inputs to M&A and strategic teaming opportunities
• Regularly engage LM executive leadership on pressing issues relating to the mission
• Support IRAD and analytical efforts associated with development of offers
• Provide unerring focus on support to the government mission and alignment of our solutions to our stakeholders’ pressing needs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, business, finance, liberal arts or related field from an accredited university.
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen. This person must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take initiative for driving new growth opportunities - willingness to take ownership.
- Familiarity with the missile warning mission and relevant stakeholders across the US Government.
- Effective communication across multiple media, including oral, written (document and PPT deck format), analytical conclusions.
- Strong analytical competency, able to assess multiple alternatives through various lenses.
- Interest in the national security mission and a passion for advancing cutting edge capabilities for the national security space mission.
- Familiarity with the space sector, especially those applications relevant in Military space.
- Understanding and versing in Government, particularly DoD contracting, organizational constructs, processes, and culture.
- Basic financial acumen (e.g., balance sheets, measures of profitability).
- Previous internships in consulting, finance, or systems engineering are a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.