POSITION: Marketing Intern
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Department
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager
FLSA STATUS: Paid Internship
SMG Richmond is seeking a Marketing Intern to work closely with our team to design and implement marketing strategies for all SMG events within Richmond, VA. This individual should have a passion for new technology, marketing and social media and applying their skills to the concert industry.
- Assists in development and implementation of local media strategies for SMG Richmond shows
- Assists in tracking of advertising expenses and promotional tickets
- Lead street team efforts including: weekly poster runs, database management, job assignments, materials orders, photo and report collection
- Brokering individual event and annual partnerships with local media and retailers
- Show coverage for Theatre and Arena shows
- Processing Invoices, Advertising Summaries, and Promotions Recaps for Theatre and Arena shows
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Engage other organizations within the community
- Coordinates and execute creative and strategic social media marketing campaigns across all platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and that engage fans, build venue fan base and raise show awareness.
- Represents, if available with marketing team, Marketing Department day-of --show including coordination of on-site media Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and evenings is required (as dictated by show dates, deadlines, etc.)
Education and/or Experience
- A current student with a major in Marketing or business related field
- Development and implementation of annual and/or individual event marketing plans
- Knowledge of local (Richmond) promotional landscape, and experience buying local media
- Knowledge of marketing outlets in Richmond
- Outgoing, Positive Attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Photoshop
- Basic Knowledge of HTML
- Understanding of various Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time with an acuity to utilize a laptop
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Thorough understanding of demographics and media buying ability
- Outgoing, Positive Attitude
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled