The Web Manager at the Mellon College of Science’s Office of Communication is seeking a Video Production Intern. In this role you will create videos aimed to increase interest and visibility of the departmental programs within the Mellon College of Science and develop short video clips for social media platforms. This is a part-time (17.5 hour/week) Summer Internship for the months of May-August.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Taking video and/or photography of students and faculty during classroom activities or during scheduled interview sessions
- Editing and rendering videos for the web and several social media platforms
- Creating graphics as needed to support video projects
- Story-boarding or scripting a video during planning sessions
- Providing suggestions and input to improve assignments
- Liaising with relevant academic and departmental employees as necessary
- Can work well with students and faculty to bring out energy and enthusiasm to achieve the footage required for final product(s)
- Is a creative thinker
- Is able to operate video and camera equipment
- Is committed to producing quality videos that are interesting and/or entertaining while being informative
- Can work independently and is flexible
- Is driven to complete projects on deadline
- Will have an in-depth working knowledge of the Adobe video and graphic editing suite
- Will have a working knowledge of various graphic and video formats
- Not limited to students from Carnegie Mellon University
- In-depth working knowledge of Adobe video and graphic editing suite and video formatting to accommodate varied platforms
- Demonstrated experience with videography and photography, applicant should provide a link to an online portfolio and/or work samples
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Marketing / Communications / Outreach
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Organization: MCS DEAN'S OFFICE
Req ID: 2008836
Time Type: Part Time
Minimum Education Level: High School/GED
Salary: $8.25 - $12.16 / hour