We are searching for a Sr. Academic Coordinator to provide administrative support for Carnegie Mellon University’s Master of Science in Computational Finance (MSCF) program.
Carnegie Mellon is a private, global research university, internationally known in artificial intelligence, the performing arts, business administration, economics and computer science. The Masters of Science in Computational Finance (MSCF) program, ranked one of the top-ranked quantitative finance programs in the country, is the joint venture between four Carnegie Mellon colleges, the Tepper School of Business, the Math Department in the Mellon College of Science, the Statistics and Data Science Department in the Dietrich School of Social Sciences and the Heinz College for programming. For more information about the MSCF program please visit www.cmu.edu/mscf.
You will contribute to thedepartment by providing essential support related to the operational activities for the MSCF offices of Alumni Relations, Career Services and reception area.
Core responsibilities for Alumni Relations:
- Coordinating logistics for all alumni events and accounting of registrants and attendees.
- Crafting event listings and develops a timeline for event communication distribution. Building content for event communications and executing event invitations, reminders and post-event follow-up. Coordinating event set-up to include contract management with external vendors.
- Managing communications with alumni, solicits class notes, updated contact information and program reviews. Regularly checks social media for alumni updates. Maintaining accurate records and ensuring timely updates in alumni database systems.
- Scheduling and building agendas for monthly Alumni Relations and Annual Giving meetings. Creating notes for and attending Campus Quarterly and University Advancement meetings with Central Advancement.
- Working the team to give incoming students access to alumni database to schedule mock interviews and online chats for students, to build reports, and to coordinate strategies for soliciting class gifts.
Core responsibilities for Career Services:
- Coordinating on-campus recruiting events and presentations to include ordering food, coordinating event set-up, reserving rooms, creating employer packets tracking attendees, and executing communication to students. Updates recruiting calendar with event details and disseminate information to MSCF staff.
- Ensuring accurate records in the on-line career services recruitment system to include student, alumni, and employer contact information. Sending emails to recruiters and alumni advertising MSCF events and updated resume books. Developing recruiter contact lists, and entering interview feedback into system.
- Creating and updating student resume books for various recruitment activities.
- Assisting with new student orientation and preparation for fall, winter and spring recruitment cycles.
- Reviews and vets student full-time job and summer internship acceptances in the database.
General office responsibilities:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all visitors; creating a professionally welcoming environment. Welcome and check-in students or visitors for appointments and events. Supports the MSCF program in achieving its goals; assists with booking rooms, coordinating a calendar of all the classes, presentations and events.
You will demonstrate:
- Customer service focus in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral & written communications
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Confidentiality handling sensitive information
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within MSCF. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. We are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the University through their work.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor’s degree highly desired
- Minimum three years of experience required; experience coordinating events preferred
- Demonstrated experience utilizing database systems highly desired (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, 12Twenty, iModules, QuantConnect)
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Office / Administrative Support
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Organization: TEPPER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Req ID: 2009142
Department URL: https://www.cmu.edu/mscf
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Associate's Degree or equivalent