Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Our search for the very best students pursuing the Master of Business Administration degree has evolved over time to meet the challenges of a changing media and technology landscape. First-year business school students have the opportunity to compete for the Comcast MBA Internship Program, an 11-week summer internship program located at Comcast Headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. In this program you will be able to take ownership of business critical projects, present outcomes to senior leadership, and make a lasting impact while cultivating meaningful relationships.
In the National Call Center Sales Organization, we are delivering on our 3-year strategic roadmap that was defined as part of our transformation journey. The goal of the new strategy is to determine what our sales contact centers should look like in 3-5 years, including the value proposition, target customers, customer experience, customer journey, role of agents, operating model, and role of technology. The strategy is being developed with consideration for several current trends, including growing competition, changing customer needs/expectations, and emerging technology (e.g., artificial intelligence, cognitive, etc.).
The MBA intern will play a role in supporting the strategy and transformation by owning one or more initiatives that are part of the broader transformation plan. The intern will gather input from stakeholders, conduct analysis, formulate recommendations, define the future state, and develop an implementation plan. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis related to the channel strategy. The analysis will focus on demonstrating the business case or evaluating options for a specific initiative
- Make recommendations about the future state of the channel. The intern will present the recommendations to Channel Strategy leaders
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional meetings, conduct research, assess options, and socialize recommendations
- Develop implementation plan for execution of one or more strategic initiatives
- Currently pursuing MBA with intended graduation between December 2019 May 2020
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.)
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently
- Interest or experience in Sales, Marketing, or Strategy preferred, in addition to interest in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer