Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Technology Internship Program is an 11-week summer program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students.
Over the course of the summer, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Department and Position Overview:
Enterprise Solutions is the Comcast Information Technology organization that is focused on delivering technology for internal customers at an enterprise scale. The applications we manage include ERP transactiol and reporting, among others, and our portfolio is constantly growing and evolving based on industry trends and business customer needs. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has become an area of great interest for many internal teams recently and we are ramping up on this new technology. This position will be focused on RPA process, governance, architecture and design.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Assists with intake and rationalization of automation requests
- Conducts evaluation of existing business processes for the purposes of identifying and executing on improvement initiatives
- Documents "As Is" and "To Be" workflows for business processes
- Analyzes current processes and systems to determine effectiveness and efficiency
- Uses development knowledge and methods to design, configure, program, and test robotic systems or related software
- Design robots or robotic systems or components with the goal of improving efficiency or accuracy in tasks that can be automated
- Creates and revises design specifications
- Develop reporting and metrics to ensure automation result in measurable organizational improvements
- Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Majors: Business Accounting, Business and Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation, Process Optimization, Software Automation Tools
- Good understanding and/or experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Should have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Able to analyze business processes to suggest process improvements
- Recognizes/encourages collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities- Demonstrates solid decision-making skills
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States of America
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer