Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Our search for the very best students pursuing the Master of Business Administration degree has evolved over time to meet the challenges of a changing media and technology landscape. First-year business school students have the opportunity to compete for the Comcast MBA Internship Program, an 11-week summer internship program located at Comcast Headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. In this program you will be able to take ownership of business critical projects, present outcomes to senior leadership, and make a lasting impact while cultivating meaningful relationships.
The New Business Team's mission is to find untapped revenue generating opportunities. As Comcast's innovators, this small and nimble team is comprised of creative and strategic thinkers who work together to find the best new ideas and the smartest ways for Comcast to capitalize on them. A few initiatives that have come from this group include MachineQ (Comcast's LoRa service), residential solar, and IOT based home insurance.
The MBA intern will play a key role in creating and evaluating new business opportunities by being involved in every part of the development cycle: The intern will evaluate industry trends and market landscapes, identify key risks and challenges, develop a business case rooted in financial analysis and sound strategy, and provide recommendations for senior leadership. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Develop an understanding of Comcast's business strategy and existing product lines
- Contribute to early stages of product requirements, development, and implementation
- Evaluate competitive market landscapes by analyzing competitors, customer segmentation, pricing, operations, and technical requirements
- Prepare presentations for senior executives that clearly communicate potential opportunities, value propositions, go-to-market recommendations, and next steps
- Currently pursuing MBA with intended graduation between December 2019 May 2020
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to process multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Ability to express complex ideas clearly, succinctly, and to tailor message to different audiences
- A creative, entrepreneur-spirited individual who is self-motivated and who strives in an ambiguous environment
- Interest or experience in media, telecommunications, and technology industries a plus
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer