Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Our search for the very best students pursuing the Master of Business Administration degree has evolved over time to meet the challenges of a changing media and technology landscape. First-year business school students have the opportunity to compete for the Comcast MBA Internship Program, an 11-week summer internship program located at Comcast Headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. In this program you will be able to take ownership of business critical projects, present outcomes to senior leadership, and make a lasting impact while cultivating meaningful relationships.
The MBA intern, Marketing Strategy & Planning will be a key member of Comcast Cable's Marketing Strategy & Planning (MS&P) group, responsible for supporting all aspects of the company's sales and marketing insights and decision making to achieve the company's growth targets. This role requires a unique blend of deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset in order understand various sets of data points about the market, consumers and our products to improve our sales and marketing effectiveness and create long lasting customer relationships. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Own and drive medium/long-term strategy projects across various functional areas
- Lead effectiveness analytics, across all key dimensions (e.g. media spend, demand generation, sales channel effectiveness, connect quality, customer analysis, and attrition)
- Provide analytics expertise across MS&P through real time intelligence, compelling analytics, and strategic imperatives
- Support the strategic planning process by developing competitive forecasts and analyses
- Partner with and manage external vendors and consultants when necessary
- Currently pursuing MBA with intended graduation between December 2019 May 2020
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.) with a preference to experience in business analytics, financial modeling, strategy, & marketing.
- Strategic thinker, with a demonstrable understanding of marketing & sales mechanics
- Proven track record of navigating large and complex data sets and databases, turning data into insights; experience with automating data analyses and detection and disseminating results via the latest visualization and reporting technologies
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint. Additional experience with SQL, Oracle, relational databases, and other access and storage technologies (Hadoop required) a plus
- Demonstrated ability in handling and Experience in handling projects involving data mining techniques (Forecasting, clustering, decision trees, etc) using mining tools such as SAS and/or SPSS a plus
- Experience with statistical modeling and/or predictive analytics a plus
- Outside the box thinking with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong project management, communication, and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to Sr. Leadership
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently. Must have ability to manage time effectively and in an organized manner.
- Interest or experience in consumer media, communications/media, technology industries
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer