Marketing and Communications Intern
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate
teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St.
Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee
of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative
action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
Macmillan Learning is currently offering a paid internship opportunity for summer 2018. Interns will be provided with the opportunity to participate in work related assignments, gain practical work experience, and network with employees from various departments.
Overall, the intern will become familiar with the basic structure of a publishing house and the role of each department within. The Macmillan Learning Internship Program is available for students currently enrolled in a college or university or recent 2018
Macmillan Learning is seeking a marketing & communications intern that is creative, goal-oriented, and an ambitious go-getter to assist in all things marketing & communications. In this role you will be able work on various aspects of marketing & communications
including (but not limited to) social media marketing, email marketing, thought leadership, content creation, market intelligence, and internal communications.
This is the perfect role for you if you:
• Love to work in a fun, collaborative environment
• Approach work with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
• Thrive whether working on projects solo or with a team of people
• Are a self-starter and enjoy a fast paced environment
• Want to learn more about education and the education technology industries
• Are interested in learning more about how technology is shaping the teaching and learning process
In this role, you will:
• Create vibrant social media campaigns for our corporate social channels
• Work on thought leadership campaigns for senior leaders and the executive team
• Support the executive team with speaking engagements and presentations
• Collect rich market intelligence and conduct competitive analysis
• Attend internal meetings, such as training for the sales team
• Coordinate fun staff events in the NY office that contribute to our fun, engaging culture
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Excellent writing skills
• Basic marketing know-how
• Command of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Nice to have(s): skill with Photoshop and other video editing programs. Knowledge of marketo.