Henry Holt & Company
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
An administrative job assisting the Editor-in-Chief who publishes books of narrative nonfiction, science, history, pop culture, memoir, along with some literary fiction. Duties will include maintaining strong relationships with authors and agents; evaluating
book proposals; writing preliminary cover copy and catalog copy; preparing tip sheets; routing manuscripts through the production process; keeping track of contracts; and preparing photo inserts. The candidate will be asked to read manuscripts, in addition
to maintaining a good knowledge of the books already acquired.
• Run office functions for the editor-in-chief, including maintaining professional relationships with authors and agents, logging and responding to submissions, tracking contracts, and routing all manuscripts through the production process.
• Serve as liaison to the other Henry Holt and Macmillan departments, providing material and information as needed.
• Write and prepare copy for covers, tip sheets, and catalog.
• General administrative support.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Excellent writing and verbal skills.
• Energetic and attentive office management.
• Multitasking, time-management, and other organizational skills a must.
• Administrative experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous publishing internship is a plus
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree