Associate Supply Chain Analyst (DNA)
New York, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/3682/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Aug 24, 2018Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
If you are interested in working at the intersection of supply chain, analytics, and automation, then this position may be right for you. As Scholastic approaches its centennial, its Data & Analytics practice plays a pivotal role as a data-driven engine for the incubation of high value strategic and operational initiatives. As an Associate working on multiple projects, your responsibilities range from establishing problem statement and scope, identifying and transforming relevant data to conducting detailed analysis and building business case/implementation plans. This position is a gateway for continued success in the organization with options to develop both laterally (branch into other Strategic or Technology areas) or vertically (deeper into Operations). The ideal candidate recognizes that a collaborative mindset is key in order to learn, contribute and grow.
• Define business opportunity as it applies to supply chain and operational processes
• Develop analytical frameworks for analysis and research
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in data gathering, mining and engineering
• Develop hypotheses and validate via simulation frameworks
• Synthesize recommendations based on data assessments
• Maintain our group’s dedication to excellence by verifying the integrity of data used
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Undergraduate/Graduate degree or coursework in Supply Chain Management or Operations (or relevant summer internship experience)
• Interest and depth in two or more areas of Demand, Supply, Distribution, Procurement and Transportation Planning
• Excellent analytical, business statistics and problem solving capabilities
• Passion for Data Driven decision making – In Numbers We Trust mindset
• Familiarity in developing business cases (CBA, NPV, IRR etc.)
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Exposure to Data Science and Innovation, Big Data, Visualization Tools and Methods is added bonus
• Familiarity with ERP packages, Linear Programming and Optimization techniques
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here at https://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/files/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf .