Summer Internship – New York, NY - Distribution Intern
New York, NY
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns’ knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS
Starts: Thursday, June 07 Ends: Friday, August 10
· Runs about 10 weeks; maximum of 40 hours/per week
· Projects designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry
· Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives
· Additional training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills
· Deadline to apply is March 31, 2018
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The NYC Distribution Intern will participate in projects related to UNOW retail partnerships, direct to consumer apps, products and services and the 2018 retransmission consent cycle. Projects and tasks will include:
Create and maintain profile sheets for UNOW retail target accounts
Assist with research and competitive analyses of retail partnerships
Monitor and maintain competitive intel and analyses of DTC apps, products and services
Monitor and maintain competitive intel and analyses of TVE apps, products and services
Assist in 2018 RTC renewal process
Work with Research Strategy and Insights Team for account specific research
Review ongoing RTC news for competitive intel and industry trends
Review proposals to and from clients
COMPETENCIES TO DEVELOP
The Distribution Intern will gain industry knowledge about direct to consumer products and services as well as retail partnerships. They will also gain a working knowledge of the relationships with our affiliate partners and the discussions/negotiations we have with them regarding retransmission consent.
· Must be pursuing a Bachelor in Business, Marketing or similar
· Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2018 graduate
· Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S
· Must be willing to work from offices in New York, NY
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
· Must have good knowledge in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Desired qualifications include: strong communication and writing skills, attention to detail and strong internal/external client service capabilities.
· Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
· Ability to multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Well organized, disciplined and detail-oriented
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled