Posting Job Title:
Spring 2019 - Turner Ad Sales PR Intern (New York)
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
*The Turner Story *
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
*See what it’s like to work at Turner! * Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
*What does our department do? *
- Turner Ad Sales monetizes the company's portfolio of leading entertainment, kids, news and sports properties through award-winning advanced advertising capabilities that power return-on-investment for brands.
- Attracting a wide-scale audience of diverse fans, the collection includes leading media brands Adult Swim, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, Great Big Story, HLN, TBS, TNT, truTV, Bleacher Report and Turner Sports' high-profile coverage of the MLB, NBA NCAA, PGA and the newly-formed professional eSports league ELEAGUE. In addition, the company has digital sales partnerships with the NBA, NCAA and PGA.
*What will you be doing? *
- The intern will work closely with the VP, Director, Manager & Jr. Publicist of Turner Ad Sales, Data Strategy & Analytics.
- Online monitoring and reporting on relevant media and brand news, including on social media.
- Assisting with compiling daily press clippings for a company-wide report and assembling press packets.
- Writing and editing press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, etc.
- Researching and creating strategic media lists for projects and ensuring all contacts are up to date using databases such as Cision.
- Researching relevant conference and events for executive speaking and brand opportunities
- Maintaining team office documents
- Assisting with industry event preparation and coverage
*What do we require from you? *
- Designed for undergraduate students currently pursuing a degree in public relations/communications, marketing, advertising, or a related field.
- We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and motivated individual who will work with all team members to accomplish collective and individual goals.
- Must have strong communication and written skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications and media databases.
- Must be quick thinking and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be familiar with public relations tools and practices.
- Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department and business.
- Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent.
*What’s so great about this internship? *
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services