Are you a fan of great design and great books? Are you a highly creative individual who wants to bring innovative designs to book publishing promotional materials? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Penguin Random House is seeking a Junior Designer to conceptualize and design marketing, publicity, and promotional materials under tight deadlines. Working primarily for the Penguin, Viking, and Riverhead imprints, this position is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge promotional design projects and branding for fiction and nonfiction titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Conceptualizing and designing print and digital promotional materials for our books, including (but not at all limited to) print and digital ads, social media images, emails, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, advance reader copies of books, and point-of-purchase displays
• Working closely with the art director to refine designs; then routing work to other stakeholders such as marketers, publicists, and editors—and intelligently incorporating their feedback
• Submitting pixel-perfect, typo-free print and digital work to media partners, printers, and vendors
• Photo researching and retouching
• Creating book mockups/product shots in Photoshop
• Designing presentations for sales conferences and author and agent meetings
• Keeping up to date on design trends and marketing news
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of six months' design or advertising/promotions experience
• Prior design internship a plus
• Excellent design ability as demonstrated by a stellar portfolio
• Proven ability to create and revise designs under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience with color correction, retouching, and preparing files for print
• High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Knowledge of HTML, HTML5, Google Web Designer, and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
• Knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere) and animation (Adobe After Effects) a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.