Internship Fellow - El Rey Finance
New York, NY
El Rey Network
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up environment within the television industry. At El Rey, you will be part of a fast-growing, edgy, and groundbreaking new network backed by some of the biggest names in entertainment. During this internship, the intern will directly assist the efforts of the Finance Department of El Rey Network. Based out of the New York office the intern’s task will range from, assisting the team with Finance and Controllership related projects to providing administrative support.
The intern will work directly with the VP, Chief Financial Officer and the team that supports that department and its activities. The participant is expected to be professional, discrete, and comfortable in dealing with celebrities and other high-profile personalities. Must be able to multi-task, have an interest in the entertainment industry with a business perspective, and must be comfortable communicating with senior staff members.
This is a dynamic, hands on position that will expose the intern to many aspects of the television and entertainment industry while learning directly from senior staff members.
Starts: Mid October (date is flexible) Ends: Mid December (date is flexible)
• Runs 10 weeks; maximum of 24 hours/per week
• Projects designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry
• Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives
• Additional training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills
• Assisting Controller with updates to Finance narratives and documentation of Significant transactions
• Assisting Controller with Tax project
• Assisting team with Finance closing streamlining project
• General office work
• Data entry and cost tracking
• Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution
• Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2018 graduate
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Prior work/internship experience in the entertainment industry
• Proficiency with Word/Excel/ PowerPoint
• Demonstrate leadership and adaptability
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Positive, service-oriented, energetic self-starter with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Strong Internet/research and analytical skills
• Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
• Ability to multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Well organized, disciplined and detail-oriented
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled