College Associate (NY) - Fall 2018 - Making Money with Charles Payne (R10003788)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
The Making Money with Charles Payne team is looking for a Fall College Associate!
The Fox News College Associate Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news industry. College Associates are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. Departmental assignments for College Associates are determined by what best matches the skill set, work experience and career aspirations of the candidate.
What the team wants: Collaborative team members with strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should also be highly organized and deadline driven.
Shift Schedule: Monday, Thursday - 11:00am - 7:00pm (Flexibility on days of shift)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Must be enrolled in accredited college or university during the program
* Transcript or letter showing proof of enrollment
* Resume and cover letter detailing why you should be selected for this program
* Two (2) letters of recommendation *must be included at time of application submission
* Strong academic record
* Prior relevant work/internship experience
* Committed and available to work entire semester/summer
* Students are responsible for their own housing and transportation
* College credit is NOT required to be eligible for the program
If selected to move forward in the interview process:
* Demonstrated knowledge of current events and/or business news
Fall Schedule: 10 weeks long. 16 hours per week.
Note: We are a 24/7 news operation. Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
Important Dates: Accepting applications from June 18 to August 17 (Program begins in September)
AREAS OF PLACEMENT
Students may be placed on Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox News Radio, Fox News Headlines 24/7,,,, or based on their prior experience and interests as determined in the interview process.
* TV: production, writing, research, booking, assignment desk, technical operations, graphics
* Radio: production, technical operations
* Web: writing, reporting, production
* Web Development
* Product Development: online, mobile, apps
* Social Media
* Web design
* Business Development
* Media Relations
* Human Resources
OTHER PROGRAM FEATURES
Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing and producing for our online properties.
Campus Ambassador Program: Represent the Fox News brand on your campus while pitching and reporting on stories that matter to college students.
Lead College Associate Program: Enhance your leadership skills while working on additional projects during the semester.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.