Assistant Account Executive, Consumer Public Relations
Posted Date 22 hours ago (5/24/2018 11: 20 AM)
Requisition ID 2018-3344 Location US-NY-New York Department Public Relations
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an assistant account executive to join our team. Our ideal candidate is an entry-level communications professional with high potential who is motivated to learn professional public relations skills while working on a number of high-profile consumer clients in her/his group.
- Actively works to develop a broad understanding of the business by performing a range of well-defined assignments.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Is familiar with group's communications plans for accounts and actively seeks to develop an understanding of clients' business and account objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of company vision, values and structure, including the full range of company products, services and capabilities.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Gains knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company.
- Understands and effectively utilizes both internal and external research capabilities, including use of the Internet, social media platforms, and other existing and emerging communications resources.
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients and prepares reports.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Drafts news releases, pitch letters, case histories, by-liners, op-eds, etc.
- Able to develop fact sheet/backgrounders, first draft of pitch letter
- Understands how to position different parts of the client's initiatives to different media audiences, e.g. blogs versus traditional news outlets, lifestyle magazines versus business verticals, women's publications versus men's publications
- Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor, consumer, legislative or interest group analyses) completely and accurately.
- Proactively looks to source new contacts, new publications and blogs
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach, including networking and developing his/her own media relationships.
- Conducts editorial outreach and is gaining understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Able to develop editorial calendars, and pitch trade and appropriate consumer media.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, launch parties/events, , senior client meetings, and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books
- Develops and proposes storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients' objectives.
- Is learning and applying fundamentals of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Identify vendors for specific program projects, secure price quotes, help team decision-making.
- Proactively works to increase presentation skills- when speaking to clients and at team meetings
Develops and applies understanding of billing and budgeting processes.
- Keeping track of invoices and processing them, and ensuring they are included on proformas in timely manner
- Prepares well documented, thorough activity reports.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manages time for optimum productivity, understanding appropriate time commitments on projects
- Flags time management issue to supervisors in an appropriate time frame.
- Seeks billable and other assignments when workload is light.
- Meets billability targets established for the assistant account executive position.
- Participates in development of programs and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned.
- Will participate in at least two new business pitches annually.
- Helps with research including working with InfoServices, internet searches, third-party audits, media audits, identification of KOLs; logistical support, liaison between the new business team and Creative; attend brainstorms; gather and organize information as requested.
- Does new business work in addition to current client work
- Researches and identifies potential new business opportunities as directed.
- Routinely contributes informed opinions and suggestions, as well as creative and effective answers to client issues and needs.
- Is gaining knowledge of company products and other practices.
Initiative and Problem Solving
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company's vision and exemplifies the company's values.
- Operates with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise.
- Assists colleagues in problem solving.
- Effectively uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Attends and contributes to team, group and office meetings.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs, thereby increasing his/her value to the agency.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in public relations or a related field
- Prior agency or in-house PR internship or working experience required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills a must;
- Strong organizational skills a must;
- Strong skills in research and analysis;
- Ability to work independently and manage day-to-day implementation of client activitie
- Understand client business and communication goals and the firm's strategic plans to meet those goals
- Define client challenges, lead and participate in brainstorming sessions, and evaluate creative ideas from clients and staff
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ogilvy does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Click Here to find out more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use access the Ogilvy career site as a result of a disability, we will be happy to assist you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Corporate HR department at 212-880-5291 to request an alternate accommodation. Please note that only requests for an employment application accommodation will be returned.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO