The Policy & Communications Intern will support the continued expansion of the New York market’s policy portfolio and will provide valuable research, writing, communications, and new media capacity to the team.
- Conducting research on emerging issues in housing policy and community development potentially including, but not limited to, fair housing, rent laws, and new investment tools
- Writing policy memos and issue briefs for internal staff and external partners
- Monitoring housing-related legislation in the New York State legislature and in the New York City Council
- Preparing marketing materials about Enterprise’s programmatic and investment work
- Drafting blog posts, infographics, and social media content
- Helping expand our new media strategy to raise Enterprise’s profile and promote our work amongst a wider audience
- Supporting relationship-building meetings with public officials and partners
- Attending and reporting on external events with senior policy staff
*This internship begins Fall of 2018.
- Recently completed or pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Strong writing and communications skills; ability to write quickly and concisely
- Familiarity with social media and new media
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing and community development
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- This is a paid internship.
- 15-20 hours per week possible, if current student, or up to 40 hours a week for someone who is out of school.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Location: New York, NY