Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
* Supports the financial planning and reporting needs of the Spectrum Reach functional areas of Marketing, HR/Administration and FP&A; ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Responsible for assisting Senior Director and Manager in all aspects of management reporting and budgeting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare monthly accruals in conjunction with reports from Central Purchasing group and input from functional areas
* Analyze operating expense account activity to ensure appropriate accounting treatment
* Analyze vendor payment activity for appropriate coding and accounting treatment
* Assist the Senior Director of Finance and Manager in operating expense variance analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
* Partner with Corporate Accounting in the monthly accounting close including preparing any needed account analysis, journal entries, and accounting treatment such as accruals, prepaids, amortizations, coding of expense vs capital, etc. for the assigned business function/unit.
* Field questions from Accounting as needed
* Create and maintain supporting operating expense schedules used by finance teams for budgeting, forecasting and presentation purposes
* Assist the Senior Director and Manager with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process and preparation of presentation packages
* Collaborate with Senior Director and Manager to control expenditures to achieve the stated long and short term strategic objectives
* Prepare Travel & Entertainment expense schedules for the corporate departments
* Assist functional areas and vendors in determining status of vendor payments
* Frequent ad hoc Essbase report creation/account analysis
* Extensive communications with functional area partners
* Perform other duties as required
* Must be a self-starter and results oriented with strong accounting and analytical skills.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Ability to prioritize and organize efficiently.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong attention to detail is required.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner to all levels of management and company personnel.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to use personal computer and knowledge of Microsoft applications (proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year College or University; or equivalent training, education, and experience.
Related Work Experience
2+ years previous experience required
Internship exp. A +
* Basic knowledge of US GAAP
* Strong analytical and data gathering skills
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
* Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
* Experience with JD Edwards, Oracle Essbase, SAP Ariba, and OnBase.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Employer's Job# 229770BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.