Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Social Media Internship will begin in begin in September and end in December of 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
You’ll work closely with the Campaign Manager to devise and implement appropriate campaigns for outgoing social media activities and on-site social networking activities including content creation, moderation, and customer interaction. You’ll assist with the overall social media strategy and execution for The Swiss Colony, The Wisconsin Cheeseman and The Tender Filet. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, monitoring and engaging in social media/internet communities with responsibility for representing the brand
- Creating and owning the social media content calendar
- Updating blog posts
- Defining and tracking performance of campaigns; providing regular reports to team on social media metrics
- Maintaining knowledge of social media best practices, latest social media developments and online behavior/trends.
What it Takes
We are looking for a creative thinker – flexible to spearhead independent projects. Ideally, you’ll be pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related major.In addition, internship applicants must:
- Be at least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Be knowledgeable of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Paid Opportunities—2016 interns averaged $3,500/month!
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
- Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.
Requisition Number: 16-0902
Post Date: 5/22/2017
Title: Social Media Internship