McLean, VA 4
Freddie Mac makes homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable. Operating in the secondary mortgage market, Freddie Mac keep mortgage capital flowing by purchasing mortgage loans from lenders so they in turn can provide more loans to qualified borrowers. Our mission to provide liquidity, stability, and affordability to the U.S. housing market in all economic conditions extends to all communities from coast to coast.
Freddie Mac Single-Family’s Marketing and Communication department offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students an internship opportunity at its headquarters in McLean, VA with availability to start immediately! The Single-Family division public relations intern position is a paid internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in McLean, VA. Candidates will be considered for Spring Semester 2019 (January-May) for 16-24 hours a week.
• Working with Single Family media databases to monitor and analyze coverage of Freddie Mac.
• Writing media briefing documents, presentations, reports, pitches, blog posts and other social and communication materials.
• Researching media outlets and reporters, building media lists and assisting with pitch efforts to journalists/producers.
• Keeping Single Family media-focused webpages on FreddieMac.com up to date with fresh content.
Work Location Zip Code:
Corp Comm and Marketing
• Undergraduate Junior and above student pursuing a degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications.
• Must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship.
• Must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Must understand the news cycle and have good news judgment.
• Previous experience working with the media and/or media databases a plus.
• Previous experience working in a banking or lending institution is a plus.
• Two writing samples required during the application process.
Work Location City:
Public Relations Intern
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Work Location State:
Marketing & Communications