Job Number 44451BR
Job Title Programme Planning Intern
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business NGDI Networks - EMEA
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Country United Kingdom
State - -
Exact responsibilities will vary slightly between each division and team, however the main responsibilities of our Programme Planning Intern will typically include:
• In conjunction with the Programming Managers, assesses future schedule needs and opportunities, making recommendations and contributing to the acquisitions and commissioning process as required.
• Help enter monthly program grids into Landmark as and when required.
• View content for possible acquisition across all territories, identifying suitable programming for each channel according to the brand values.
• Support the programming team with the creation of innovative stunts, events, strands and themes designed to ensure audience growth and maximize stock portfolio value.
• Help to maintain run count documents that run in tandem with scheduling databases to ensure accurate records are held.
• Support planners in tracking competition channels on a monthly basis, highlighting territory and channel premieres.
• Develop scheduling strategy by working on ad-hoc projects across emerging markets regions.
• Liaise with third party teams providing quarterly and monthly information as required.
• Provide cover for Programming Manager in some areas.
• Support the Acquisitions team’s communication with Marketing.
• Draft script coverage, in coordination with our Central Acquisition team.
Education and Qualifications
You will ideally be currently studying a degree-level or equivalent course, specialising in Film, TV or Media-related subjects, seeking a 12 month internship
• A passion for Broadcasting and Media (particularly an interest in film and/or TV) with a desire to develop a career in Programme Planning
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with ability to work autonomously to deadlines, take initiative and keep calm under pressure
• Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload
• Self-starter and fast learner, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a busy team
• Strong office administration and IT skills; confident user of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel)
• Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
• Willingness to learn and “can-do” attitude
• Some knowledge of the international film/television industry, including a basic understanding of film and digital formats
• Database experience desirable – e.g. data entry, management etc.
• Previous work experience in a similar environment
• Knowledge of Landmark/Perspective/Vision may be useful
• Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship
• Fluent English is essential; additional languages may be useful
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.