Job Title: Director of Marketing & Sales
Department: Marketing & Sales
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Marketing for ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. The primary responsibility is to increase revenue, ticket sales and awareness of events at ShoWare Center. Responsibilities include overseeing communication, advertising, marketing, public & community relations, strategic business alliance, consumer research and client development efforts for this sports & entertainment venue owned by the City of Kent. Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, extremely organized and ideally have existing business relationships.
- Assist General Manager with marketing and sales for all events.
- Manage sponsorship sales efforts with the hockey team/tenant.
- Explore, identify and exploit new revenue generating programming for venue, event promoters and team(s).
- Oversee premium sales operations for non-team events, including individual suite sales for ticketed events, developing and fulfilling all sales efforts.
- Write and distribute press releases and event announcements for all events and other relevant building activities.
- Develop media buys and PR efforts for events along with promoters and other facilities within the market.
- Daily monitoring of local and national news related to SMG and ShoWare Center.
- Create presentation materials for City, Public Facilities District, Lodging Tax Advisory Board, sponsorship and other organizations as needed.
- Coordinate and execute media events and interviews for upcoming shows.
- Develop and send customer communication and satisfaction surveys for each ticketed event, and compile and analyze results.
- Maintain attendance data, including total attendance, geographical analysis and trends to help with future ticket sales.
- Report qualified attendance numbers to all industry publications for the purpose of compiling quarterly and annual data.
- Assist General Manager with researching the marketability of possible events.
- Coordinate media interaction: pre-show interviews, day-of-show escort, etc.
- Develop sales proposals, contracts and addendums and monitors compliance. Provide on-going support and service to existing clients.
- Management of internship staff and successfully reaching departmental sales goals and objectives.
- Accountable for achieving revenue and profitability goals and provide monthly sales recaps and reports.
- Develop Marketing Strategies for all events to assist with ticket sales and increased event revenue.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Advertising or Marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a successful sales/marketing position or related field or, equivalent combination of education and experience requirement
- Excellent written and verbal skills, organizational ability and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects for two different organizations
- High aptitude for figures, and advanced writing and presentation skills
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
- Computers skills including Microsoft office and other marketing specific programs
- Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours including nights, weekends and some holidays as necessary for events
Applications can be found at www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment (http://www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment).
Accesso ShoWare Center
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled