At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Department: Chartwells Higher Education
We are looking for a motivated and people-oriented person to work closely with the Chartwells Management team to implement and assist with the HR policies here at University of Houston. The key focus areas for this internship will be in Recruitment and Staffing, HR Administration, Associate Relations, Compliance, Wage and Hour, Training and Safety. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to apply the skills they have learned and apply them in a professional setting.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Customer service experience/knowledge
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Enjoy building relationships
• Must be undergraduate student pursuing a degree in human resources, business or other relevant degree.
• Computer skills including intermediate level proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, listening and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Student member of SAHRMA a plus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Assist in auditing the HR health of the operation by conducting the HR Assessment.
• Build upon local recruitment activity and assist in the posting and monitoring of requisitions on MyOpportunity.
• Become familiar with Payroll policies and procedures to file and review records for accuracy and to monitor reports and identify training areas to improve labor compliance.
• Maintain and update personnel files per the HR File Checklist to ensure the records are being maintained accurately and consistently.
• Become involved in the MyOpportunitiy Hourly Onboarding process and timely completion of I-9s for new hires.
• Orchestrate and track Passport training for current and new hourly associates.
• Participate in the Safety Committee on campus and assist with Accident Investigations and driving Safety Compliance.
• Assist Management team with monitoring timely completion of appraisals for associates, as needed.
• Participate in YouFirst and CHAT, on a regular basis, to drive hourly training and recognition.
• Ensure all Company, state, and federal postings are up-to-date within our units.
• Communicate with multiple departments in order to obtain necessary information in order to complete duties listed above.
• Building of sustainable relationships – effectively interact and collaborate with customers, team-members and technical teams, provide training for managers, and training and back-up coverage for team-members as required.
• Completion of various assignments and projects as warranted by workloads and business priorities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
/Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
*Req ID: *200093
NICOLE G WAGNER