Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Internship for Application Development position in JAVA technologies.
About the Role:
Knowledge of Java application support developer responsible for providing production and technical support, rotating on-call, project participation, and business continuity support for the Open Systems Web Portal and Web Services applications. The candidate will have opportunity to learn and lead detection and troubleshooting of issues that affect delivery of services across multi-tier platforms: a solid understanding of Unix/Linux, Java, shell scripting, and Oracle operations will be an advantage. Must have excellent communication skills, as we periodically interface with clients, vendor and business partners. Familiarity with Window server administration a plus.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of Linux Java development support with knowhow in troubleshooting of production applications within lower and upper multi-tier environments
* 24x7 support of production applications on a rotating basis, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls
* Create application monitoring plan and recommend performance and infrastructure capacity improvements
* Review turnover artifacts to ensure completion prior to executing production installs
* Participate in assigned projects representing the support organization, communicate status, issues and delivery risks
* Opportunity to Work with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning items for production deployment
* Perform code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback. Document installs defects and assigns severities to the problems that occur. When fallback occurs, perform post mortems to identify root cause (RCA)
* Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and develop risk mitigation plans for continuous improvement
* Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and worked aggressively
* Maintain and/or create technical support documentation
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities
* Education: Currently studying for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or similar degree, or a recent graduate
Job Related Experience
* Familiar with technical production support with background in Unix and/or Windows development or operations support with hands-on using Java, C++, Python or another OO language
* Familiar with Unix/Linux, Apache, and either WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
* Hands-on knowledge of Oracle, and using SQLPLUS
* Strong understanding of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure configurations
* Familiarity with common networking practices
* Analytical problem solving skills to solve complex problems and independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions
* Familiar with Agile and DevOps environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.