Job Title: Fall Intern - Library Administration | Fargo
State: North Dakota
Department : HR INTERN PROGRAM
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Collaborates with departmental associates and management. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the intern will provide research and operational support for Sanford Health libraries. The intern will receive valuable medical library experience working in a healthcare environment, providing library resources across a North Dakota and northern Minnesota.
• Beacon Protocols Resource Links – Beacon is a special subsection of Epic, Sanford’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.Working with Sanford Oncology and the Roger Marris Cancer Center, provide references to oncology protocols.
• Attend 1-on-1 mentor sessions and team meetings as necessary.
• Research Assistance– Provide research assistance for medical personnel looking for evidence-based information using PubMed and other appropriate databases.
• Catalog Maintenance – Ex Libris Aleph is the OPAC used by Sanford Health. The intern will assist in updating resources in our collection using OCLC Connexion.
• Document Delivery – Assist with processing of article requests, article retrievals, and Interlibrary Loans.
• Content Management Web Pages – Create pages of content in our CMS (content management system or LibGuides).
• Marketing and Publicity – Assist the library in implementing marketing and orientation plans.
• Must be able to maintain professional relationships in a hospital setting with diverse working groups and have a strong customer service orientation.
• Must be have an interest in research, information literacy, and customer service.
• Must be a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the Health Sciences, Health Education, Public Health, Nursing, English, Business Administration, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field or a recent college graduate in one of the listed degrees.
• Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12-week internship, 32-64 hours per pay period, flexible schedule.
Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university. Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community,
across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S.
employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
State: North Dakota
Job Function: Students & Interns
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: req22286