About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
The Communication Coordinator assists with key day-to-day functions across the communications team, including content development, execution and monitoring of Kellogg’s social media and owned channels (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Kellogg’s website). This position will help ensure Kellogg’s digital channels are tailored to the target audience and business goals for each platform and ultimately advance the school’s reputation.
Please Note:Due to the nature of the field, and to support events on-site during evenings and weekends, this role may experience work outside the standard business hours. This role may also involve limited travel.
- Social media content development:
- Planning: On a monthly basis, research all relevant social media content opportunities for the Kellogg channels
- Development: Draft social media posts for all Kellogg channels; review posts with Associate Director of Social Media, incorporating feedback and proofreading to ensure 100% accuracy; and create branded, trackable links for each post
- Execution: Schedule approved posts, maintaining a consistent cadence based on each channel and identifying gaps in content publication. As needed, attend and capture social media content from Kellogg events.
- Kellogg website content development:
- Write and edit articles for Kellogg owned channels such as thought leadership, school news, faculty research and event coverage
- Update and maintain the Kellogg News and About sections of the website
- Other digital projects, as needed
- Digital and social media monitoring, community management and reporting:
- Prepare daily reports on trending social conversations and news stories
- Monitor for mentions of Kellogg, key competitors and important topics
- Manage all of Kellogg’s social media communities, proactively engaging with our audience and replying to questions/comments as appropriate
- Evaluate and report on social media conversation around key topics and influencers
- Develop a monthly Kellogg social media reports and quarterly competitive social media reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Up to date on the latest social media trends and platform capabilities
- Passion for storytelling and cultivating a brand image on social media
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Communicates effectively and professional one-to-one and in small groups
- Self starter who takes initiative and proposes new ideas and solutions
- Fluency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), English-language grammar and Associated Press style rules
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Internship or temp role in marketing, communications, journalism or public relations.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Familiarity with Crimson Hexagon, Simply Measured, Sprout Social and TweetDeck
- DSLR Photography experience
- Adobe Photoshop experience
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting
- Video editing experience
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33853
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Job Title: Communications Coordinator