Northwestern IT is seeking a qualified Drupal Developer to join our team. As a Drupal Developer you will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications which makes your role crucial for the success of our business. This one-year term position (with possibilities of continuation based on funding) will complete project work associated with Northwestern’s global academic reputation and presence. Under direction of the Media and Design academic software development lead and the Director for Media and Design you will be working with the latest technology, cloud based Drupal deployment and you will have the chance to advance and grow your career.
Drupal Developer duties and responsibilities:
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Improve the quality of Drupal development
- Managing, maintaining and updating publishing services including forums, and multi-language services in web-publishing platforms
- Opportunities to provide innovative solutions to problems and improvements with a new high-profile Drupal environment.
- Develop E-publishing, social media, and mobility based projects using contemporary programming and scripting languages.
- Supervise temp and student employees as needed and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive media and web technologies, or related technical digital media field.
- 1 year experience (Internship, work study or other training work as an application developer).
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, VueJS, ReactJS, mobile, NodejS, LAMP stack application development tools, PHP content management system, Specifically Drupal and Wordpress, native mobile authoring systems (XCode & Swift, Android Studio & Java/Kotlin/C++) and hybrid mobile frameworks, such as Ionic, Cordova.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Great personal ability to interact with a wide variety of people on technical issues.
- Conceptual Ability.
- Graduate level degree interactive media and web technologies, New Media related discipline.
- Excellent working knowledge of front-end Frameworks VueJS/ReactJS, Drupal and WordPress, installation, module management. Basic understanding of Amazon Web Services Serverless model.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Developing Self/Others
- Conflict Management
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 34614
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Job Title: AT Software Developer