Do you enjoy working in the cross media and packaging industry? Does accepting daily challenges and exceeding goals resonate with you? Belmark is seeking an intern for our Graphics area. This intern will learn how to work with art files from our customers. Our Graphics Interns are able to work in a friendly environment with a potential to grow with the company.
Belmark creates many of the labels, cartons, and flexible film we as consumers see daily when shopping for various items. Our primary markets are in the food and beverage industry. A nationally recognized company; our customers vary from small to large companies, and customer satisfaction is our primary goal. By following our company mission of speed-to-market, product development, service development and quality, we have created a company dedicated to our customers, and created a culture that values each of our employees.
- Review and understand graphics order layout instructions to determine the work to be done and the sequence of operations.
- Electronically assemble accurate computer generated label images according to customer design specifications and label layout instructions and apply them to the approved customer model (template/material).
- Understand how to apply design options to files to provide optimal file output and consistency.
- Understand and apply press specifications to corresponding design files.
- Manage all files in accordance with all operating procedures and requirements.
- Utilize the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite to create, save and convert native customer files into final files used to create printing plates for use in the Flexo, Offset and Digital manufacturing operations.
- Interact in team environment; with management, sales, customer service and graphics personnel.
- Enrollment in a two (2) year technical college, print technology or digital media degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize the English language.
- Regular attendance is required. May be required to work some overtime.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to operate a MAC computer; knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Our interns enjoy working in the fast-paced, friendly environment, while making substantial contributions to the departments they work in. Some other benefits include:
- On-site health clinic
- On-site fitness center
- Company paid community events
Location: De Pere, WI