TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
You are extravert and thrive in a dynamic, fast past team environment and interaction with people. You are independent, a self starter and pro-active, with a desire to get things done and achieve something. You are driven by customer satisfaction and a desire for continuous improvement. You can easily grasp and document work flows and are willing to dive into detail when necessary. You are analytical. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can work easily with technology, although a specific IT background is not required. You are flexible and can work on strategic projects as well as very hands on tasks. You enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment, working with people from various backgrounds.
Bachelor Degree equivalent.
Baccalaureate + 3 years minimum or which the last 1 or 2 years in a Business school or university with the aim to achieve a master’s degree equivalent in Business Management.
Microsoft office special knowledge for access and excel
Driver’s license is an asset
Previous short internship experiences are an asset
Fluent in English, any additional language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars
• have excellent communication skills
The Customer Insights Department reports into the Customer Experience Group. The department is responsible for ensuring feedback from customers across Europe is heard and drives change in the business. The team operates through setting the direction and standards; the monitoring and reporting of Voice of Customer for Customer Recommendation, Social Media and Customer Relations activities in the 30 National Marketing and Sales Companies (NMSCs) throughout the European Region.
As an Intern in Customer Insights you will play an integral role in the capturing of customer feedback through the Customer Relations channels that will lead to business transformation in TME. You will be actively involved in the reporting and resolution of customer cases from across Europe. You will also work closely with the team members responsible for the systems and programs capturing VoC from our Customer Recommendation surveys and making sense of the data. You will be involved in defining the process how to capture key messages from customers from social media. A key task is to visualize what customers require in a way that makes the feedback actionable in in the business.
• Grasp the daily activities in the Customer Relations departments in our NMSCs to create understanding of their top concerns and put in place a process to action those.
• Contribute to the implementation of a pan-European Customer Relations system as a key pillar of the Customer Experience Strategy
• Map out and assess the social listening activities in the wider company and identify how to amplify the key messages
• Measure and track performance using defined KPI’s, identifying trends and report out to management
• Be an active member of the Customer Relations team through daily activities working closely with the NMSC’s in resolving cases and identifying opportunities to improve
• Give support to team deliverables in the areas of Customer Relations, Customer Recommendation and Voice of the Customer
Place of employment: Brussels – TME Head Office
Starting date: Sep 1st 2018
Duration: 6-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
Job ID: 2018-2213
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Bourgetlaan/Avenue du Bourget 60