Job Number 18001QD3
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Please note that this position is only for current students pursuing a Hotel Management degree.
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find us: the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 banqueting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
''Mentoring today creates leaders tomorrow.''
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and service minded Guest Experience Trainee. In this position you will work closely with the Guest Experience Supervisor to respond to any inquiry from guests, and follow up with guests to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction. During your shifts you are highly visible in our Great Room and our M Club Lounge and you will assist the Front Office with check-ins and check-outs when needed, their pre-arrival planning for their VIP’s and you escort our VIP guests to their room as well. You will supply them with information regarding property amenities, services, room features, and local areas of interest and activities.
During this internship you actively contribute towards guest satisfaction and social media goals in collaboration with the Front Office Management. Attending Guest Satisfaction meetings, being involved in Quality Assurance checks and contribute towards Brand Standard goals with the Front Office management is part of your internship. You are able to pick up cues and respond on them in a creative and original way.
What are your responsibilities?
· Contribute to a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service;
· Understand guest satisfaction results and contribute to game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths;
· Pro-actively support the Front Office & M Club Lounge teams to exceed guest expectations;
· Lead by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
· Provide excellent customer service by being readily approachable for all guests;
· Strive to continually improve guest satisfaction;
· Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns;
· Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times;
· Respond timely to customer service department request.
Who are you?
· Student of the hotel school or other relevant education;
· Looking for an internship for a minimum of six months;
· Enthusiastic, service oriented, strong organizing skills and a team player;
· A person with responsibility with the ability to work independently;
· Great social and communication skills;
· Availability to work flexible hours and shifts and be able to conduct split shifts when needed;
· High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required, more languages is a plus!
What do we have to offer you?
· A professional environment to work in and the opportunity to learn from others in the highest segment of the hospitality industry;
· Being part of the biggest hotel company in the world and career possibilities within Marriott International;
· Personal coaching and training to support your internship;
· Special discounted rates for 6100+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
· Discount on Food & Beverage up to 50% in Marriott Hotels worldwide;
· You will receive a trainee allowance on a monthly base;
· Free meals in our Staff Cafeteria;
· Participation in several training session provided by our on property Learning Manager;
· Free use of our Health Club;
· A Take Care program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
· We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings;
· The possibility to participate in our Trainee Meetings to share your experience and learn about the possibilities within Marriott.
Are you the perfect fit for the internship position? Please let us know why you want to be part of our team! For more information, take a look out our website: www.marriott.com/careers . Do you have any questions about the internship? Feel free to call Merel Lommers at +31206075594.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.